(Photo: John Makely / NBC News)
BREEZY POINT, N.Y. — This private community, which has fended off previous existential threats, is now facing its “greatest historical challenge” as a result of Superstorm Sandy, with some residents questioning whether they can afford to rebuild and others wondering if the resurrected beachside community will bear any resemblance to its bucolic former self.
A halting first step on what figures to be a long road back took place Thursday evening, when the Breezy Point Cooperative Inc. Board held its first post-Sandy shareholders meeting at a Catholic high school in Brooklyn.
6 Notes/ Hide
- marissa26 likes this
- sandyorbust reblogged this from nbcnews
- disneybakerdcp reblogged this from nbcnews and added:
- debbyserenadipity likes this
- donnainthedesert likes this
- downmemoryl-a-n-e reblogged this from nbcnews
- its-brandon-bitch likes this
- nbcnews posted this