(Photo: Paul Chiasson / The Canadian Press via AP)
MONTREAL — A masked gunman opened fire during a midnight victory rally where the leader of Quebec’s separatist Parti Quebecois was celebrating a narrow election win in the Canadian province, killing one person and wounding another.
Pauline Marois, newly elected as the first female premier of Quebec, was whisked off the stage by guards while giving her speech and was uninjured. It was not clear if the gunman was trying to shoot Marois, whose party favors separation for the French-speaking province from Canada.
9 Notes/ Hide
- stickart likes this
- chantthebeautyofthegood reblogged this from nbcnews
- rumbleclaws reblogged this from besteros
- sheilastansbury reblogged this from nbcnews
- undergeneration likes this
- allforfifties reblogged this from nbcnews and added:
- robinsworld reblogged this from nbcnews
- besteros reblogged this from nbcnews
- nbcnews posted this