Updated at 10:30 a.m. ET: Residents in unprotected, low-lying areas outside New Orleans were evacuating Monday as Tropical Storm Isaac threatened to strengthen into a hurricane that could make landfall in or near Louisiana almost seven years to the day that Hurricane Katrina struck.
It’s “trying to form an eye-like feature” but it’s “still a little bit shy of hurricane status,” National Hurricane Center Director Rick Knabb said in a morning update.
15 Notes/ Hide
- mariopgrant likes this
- mehmet-akbulutt likes this
- realworldnews reblogged this from nbcnews
- heartdeeperthanthebrand likes this
- hellasiknowit likes this
- angelho4145 likes this
- mistywinds32 reblogged this from nbcnews
- dendroica likes this
- dcy3 reblogged this from nbcnews
- silentsymphonia likes this
- This was featured in #News
- nbcnews posted this