(Photo: Oleg Nikishin / The New York Times)
IZHEVSK, Russia — The nickname of this town, home of the factory that makes Kalashnikov rifles, is the “Armory of Russia.” Over the years, it has armed a good number of other countries, too, as the lathes and presses of the Izhevsk Machine Works clanged around the clock to forge AK-47s and similar guns for insurgents and armies around the world.
But these days, many of Izhevsk’s weapons are headed somewhere else: the United States.
9 Notes/ Hide
- inthenewsindia reblogged this from nbcnews
- thedetonation reblogged this from dirty-gunz
- a-country-boy-can-survive reblogged this from dirty-gunz
- peashooter85 likes this
- anarcho-alowisney likes this
- dirty-gunz reblogged this from nbcnews
- s3archmys0ul reblogged this from nbcnews
- cerebralzero likes this
- nbcnews posted this